- £38.32*: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £49.10: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £92.22: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*The heavily discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
This course is designed for any small to medium organisations across Devon who want to improve their environmental impact in a changing world. Cutting through the jargon, participants will learn how the current context around science, policy, and public attitude is likely to impact on their organisation. Participants will be introduced to a range of tools and approaches to measure and improve their organisation’s environmental sustainability, and will have the opportunity to apply these to their own circumstances and draft a feasible action plan.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
By the end of the course you will;
- Recognise the key elements of the current environment context, why it is being described as an emergency, how your organisation impacts and is impacted by this context, and the opportunities and risks associated with this.
- Have defined an organisational vision for improved environmental sustainainability
- Have clearly identified your organisation’s current areas of environmental impact
- Understand common tools and measures of environmental sustainability which can provide ongoing monitoring and auditing
- Have created the foundations of a clear plan to improve and measure environmental sustainability in your organisation
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Dr. Louise MacAllister and Harry Bonnell
Louise is a project manager at Devon Communities Together. She has a PhD, MRes, and BA in human geography during which she studied sustainable development and auditing. Louise has experience leading environmental sustainability audits in the workplace, working with farmer groups to implement practice led sustainable improvements, and working with community groups around environmental issues.
Harry is community project officer at Devon Communities Together, skilled at helping groups and organisations in thinking through and implementing their development. With an educational background in social sciences and an MSc in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability, he understands the current scientific, social and business context around sustainability.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com
If you would prefer to pay for your course via an invoice instead of booking online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 248919. If you wish to receive a receipt of payment, please let us know.