Devon Oil Collective
Devon Oil Collective - 2020 ORDERS ARE PLACED ON A dAILY BASIS BY AF AFFINITY
The Devon Oil Collective is a simple to use bulk-purchasing collective of Devon Residents and Businesses. As a member of the Devon Oil Collective you have consistent access to competitively priced oil without having to spend time shopping around.
Membership of the Devon Oil Collective has no set up costs or annual membership fee, instead we charge membership as a pence per litre of oil ordered.
The scheme runs in conjunction with AF Affinity, a large agricultural co-operative that uses its considerable purchasing power to obtain good prices from both national and local suppliers. AF Affinity Limited run similar schemes for a number of our ‘sister’ organisations. Once you join you are listed with Affinity and you can place your order directly with them.
It is important to note you can ONLY place an order with AF Affinity in Devon once you have registered to be a member of the Devon Oil Collective. To join the Devon Oil Collective please click here!
Further important instructions and guidance regarding your oil tank and ordering oil from AF Affinity can be found below.
- The minimum order quantity for heating oil is 500 liters.
- Check the amount in your tank regularly.
- Please ensure any delivery instructions are given at the time of ordering, for example if you need a telephone call the day before or you need a particular tank size.
- Ensure that all necessary vehicular access is clear to your premises.
- Check the condition of your oil tank. All our suppliers reserve the right to refuse delivery to tanks that are damaged or not properly maintained
- Failed deliveries or late cancellations may incur a charge from the supplier.
- Notify us of any changes in your address or contact details.
- Ensure your Boiler or AGA is service regularly
- Be specific in the product you are ordering to ensure it is compatible with your Boiler or AGA
AF Affinity's Email address for members is email@example.com
AF Affinity's phone number is 01603 881888
We encourage the formation of local oil buying groups to combine their orders, negotiate a good price and reduce ‘tanker-miles’. Oil clubs are a real help to those who do not want to ring around to find the best oil price. Clubs keep suppliers on their toes and encourage them to price competitively. They can look after the more vulnerable members of their communities.
To compliment local clubs we run a County wide purchasing scheme. We work with AF Affinity and have a daily ordering deadline and they negotiation purchase rates on our members behalf. Therefore, if you do not have a local club, or if you need to top-up outside of your club’s cycle, this could be the service for you
We still make sure that all members pay the same amount for their oil delivery wherever they live in Devon when they buy their oil from us.
When you place an order with us whether you are in Widecombe or Woolacombe, we always ensure you pay the same fixed price on the day we place your order. Prices will only change if you need a smaller tanker such as a baby tanker to deliver to your property or if you require additives in your oil; but even then, these changes will remain the same for all members on the day the order is placed.
Transparency in our pricing is central to all we do, which is why each month we email our members letting them know the price that oil has been purchased for and when you need to place an order by.
Affinity do not allow oil orders on credit but instead offer a direct debt pre-payment savings scheme to help you spread the cost of your oil. More info.
In addition, you will have access to Affinity’s preferential prices for a range of household and other items.
Please click here to apply to the Devon Oil Collective.