- £53.89: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £75.21: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £101.86: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
Learn how to create your own website using WordPress: (a free, open source website and blogging software)
This one day workshop is suitable for those wishing to create a website either for business or personal use.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to WordPress
- Wordpress.com vs Wordpress.org
- Choosing a domain and registrar
- Finding the right hosting company
- Installing WordPress on your domain
- Understanding the dashboard
- Settings and basic configuration
- Choosing the right theme
- Creating content pages
- Setting up a blog with blog posts
- Managing images and videos
- Creating navigation menus
- Installing and setting up important plugins
- Customising contact forms
- Backing up your website
- Analytics and lots more…
Aims and objectives
During and after the WordPress Workshop you will:
- be able learn how easy it is to setup and run your own website using WordPress.
- be provided with an overall framework within which to setup your own website
- be presented with lots of case studies of how others have done it
- learn to wireframe your website on paper before you decide on your website theme
- witness in real time how a WordPress website is created
- be able to ask questions at any time during the day long workshop
- understand how and why your website needs to be optimised for the search engines
- realise the need for your website to be encrypted with an SSL certificate
- be able to create your own website
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Anthony Lovell de Souza
Anthony has run his own digital marketing agency helping over 700 businesses go online and expand their presence online.
He has personally created and designed over 40 WordPress websites from scratch. He has also conducted many offline WordPress workshops to groups of people helping them understand all the requirements behind web design and search engine optimisation (SEO).
Today he runs the Crowdfunding Academy where he helps projects raise funds using all the different online marketing strategies required to grow and engage crowds online.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org