An Early Bird 10% discount is available for this course if you book more than 4 weeks prior to the course start date! Early Bird discounts are an exclusive offer for selected courses only.
- £38.32*: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £49.10: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £92.22: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*The heavily discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
This course is designed for community groups who are interested in finding ways to improve their understanding of, and engagement with, key stakeholders. Participants will learn a range of methods and approaches to engage with, and consult, stakeholders and the local community in order to enhance working relationships, and build evidence of need for your project, initiative, or group. The course will particularly cover how to implement consultation exercises, and how to analyse and communicate findings.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
By the end of the course you will;
- Recognise the range of stakeholders of relevance to your project and how appropriate engagement may differ according to stakeholder groups
- Be aware of the benefits of maximising stakeholder engagement
- Understand how to build engagement with new stakeholders and community members within GDPR (data protection) requirements
- Understand a range of methods that you can apply to consult and engage with stakeholders, and how to maximise these methods to fully engage your audience
- Understand how to implement and analyse stakeholder consultation exercises, from planning and publicising consultation to making sense of your data -
- Be able to create a plan to communicate your consultation findings with your stakeholders and to keep your stakeholders engaged in the long term
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Dr. Louise MacAllister
Louise is a project manager at Devon Communities Together. She has a background in academic research and supporting local community groups to develop, implement, and analyse community engagement exercises.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to pay for your course via an invoice instead of booking online, please contact email@example.com or call 01392 248919. If you wish to receive a receipt of payment, please let us know.