JOIN US ON THIS FANTASTIC 3 DAY COURSE, PRICED FROM JUST £87.91* FOR DCT MEMBERS!
*This price include an early booking discount for those who book at least 4 weeks before the course date. As well as this discount that's available for everyone, DCT members also enjoy major savings on many of our training courses, including this one. We welcome new members at any time and you can start saving straight away! Membership costs from just £24 per year so you can recoup this cost very quickly and continue to book future training at membership prices too!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR AND HOW WILL IT HELP?
This course is for advisers who are familiar with the current social security and tax credits system and who wish to support and/or represent clients in the process of challenging decisions about PIP and about the WCA for Universal Credit and Employment and Support Allowance.
• Attendance at 3 online training days starting at 10am and finishing at 3:30pm
• Preparation for 3 appeals cases – reading of papers and composition of one written submission
• Role play in the form of Mock Tribunal Hearings
Handouts will be provided.
Please note this is a three day training course, schedule is:
Day 1 - Friday 19th November 10.00am - 3.00pm
Day 2 - Friday 26th November 10.00am - 3.00pm
Day 3 - Thursday 2nd December 10.00am - 3.00pm
Participants are recommended to attend all three sessions to ensure they received the most of this course.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
To develop the skills of advisers in order to increase the incidence and quality of support and/or representation with PIP and WCA appeals.
This course will enable advisers to:
- Explain the structure for settling disputes relating to decisions about PIP and limited capability for works
- Explain the role of, and procedures relevant to, appeals
- Identify and interpret relevant social security legislation and case law
- Help clients to present evidence and legal argument clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Vincent has worked for the Citizens Advice service in Devon since 1985. As an experienced trainer, he has provided benefits training for many years to voluntary and statutory sector staff, covering all aspects of the benefits system from introductory courses to Tribunal Representation. He has been a benefits caseworker for most of his working life, having taken cases to the Upper Tribunal level. He has been providing benefits training for Citizens Advice Devon since 2017. He is the Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Teignbridge.