- £53.89*: Members of Devon Communities Together and Citizens Advice staff/volunteers
- £75.21: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £101.86: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*The heavily discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
This course is designed to answer the question, “What should I do if the I’ve been told I’ve been overpaid a benefit?”
This course is for people who provide advice and support to people who seek help with what to do about having been overpaid a benefit.
The course will cover:
- How benefits overpayments might happen
- How to check that calculations of overpayments are right
- The rules about whether benefits authorities are entitled to recover overpayments
- How overpayments can be recovered
- How to challenge overpayments.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMISSION THIS AS AN IN-HOUSE COURSE TAILORED TO YOUR ORGANISATIONAL NEEDS PLEASE CONTACT INFO@DEVONCOMMUNITIES.ORG.UK
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The course will enable participants to:
- Check the existence, calculation and recoverability of a benefit overpayment
- Check the means of repayment
- Challenge decisions
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Vincent has worked for the Citizens Advice service in Devon since 1985. As an experienced trainer, he has provided benefits training for many years to voluntary and statutory sector staff, covering all aspects of the benefits system from introductory courses to Tribunal Representation. He has been a benefits caseworker throughout his working life, having taken cases up to the Upper Tribunal level. He continues to work as a benefits caseworker, providing advice and assistance to families with children with disabilities and to young people with disabilities. He also provides benefits advice as part of the Devon Advice Service for Working Age Carers and is the Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Teignbridge.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com
If you would prefer to pay for your course via an invoice instead of booking online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 248919. If you wish to receive a receipt of payment, please let us know.