- £38.32*: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £49.10: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £92.22: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*The heavily discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
Experiential, active and engaging workshop. You will learn what the media wants from PR and enjoy crafting your own press release – ready to send!
Why would you need this workshop?
Every organisation needs to understand and utilise public relations. Because if you’re not in control of your PR – you’re playing a dangerous game of chance. People (including the media) will make up their own minds – and they will probably get it wrong! Take back the opportunity to influence and get your positive message across. What’s more – you can start enjoying FREE PUBLICITY!
About the workshop:
This is a fast-paced workshop that is highly experiential, with lots of discussions and learning points, Bring with you your PR frustrations, your questions and successes to share. It’s packed with tools and techniques, simple processes and a mind-change that will transform the way you look at PR (to get much better results!) We will also be analysing your local media so that you understand who to send the releases to, and what makes a great PR.
Our aim is that everyone will be able to walk out of this course with a press release written and ready to send, and know who to send it to. (Note: this does depend on the availability of appropriate news)
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
This workshop offers the basics on PR strategy, and how to write a press release from scratch. Even if you already have a comms strategy – it’s a great reminder on how to craft a newsworthy press release, and to brainstorm further ideas for your publicity.
During the workshop we will:
- Address the myths and stories surrounding PR and the media
- Understand the press, the stories, what makes a great story
- Identify when and how to send a release
- Get to grips with the golden rules of press release writing
- Introduce a PR crib-sheet, where you can just fill in the blanks to create your release
- Identify how to find your target media and target markets
- Learn how to become an expert in writing your own press release…
- AND discover what else you can do with the release to maximise its value
- Understand how to use your press release for social media and online content
- Create a way to boost your content, with news stories for your newsletter/website/etc.
You will go away with new ideas on marketing your organisation, a press release that is almost ready to send, and the skills to write more and more of them.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Sue Haswell is a qualified and experienced trainer and business coach, NLP Master Practitioner, mindfulness & stress management specialist and qualified facilitator.
She set up her PR and communications consultancy in 1997 and expanded this in 2011 with Big Results Training.
She has worked for national and international organisations, including the NHS, Jane Shilton handbags, Cosmopolitan Licensed products, Clarity for Sun Microsystems and Central Trains division of National Express Group.
Not just PR: Sue has worked with a variety of major organisations throughout the UK, to help improve their business, including specialist training and coaching in communications and creativity.
If this is all sounding a little too serious… Sue is also a Laughter Yoga teacher and has been awarded the distinction of International Laughter Yoga Ambassador. She is the author of PR Superstar, available on Amazon.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com
If you would prefer to pay for your course via an invoice instead of booking online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 248919. If you wish to receive a receipt of payment, please let us know.