Get your marketing strategy and social media in good shape for 2020.
Please note: this is a two-day course (4th and 11th December)
Have you got a scattergun approach to digital marketing? Not really anyone’s responsibility in your organisation? Tight on time to get your messages out there? Tricky to stand out from the crowd? Know you should be using social media and video but lack the skills/confidence?
Digital Marketing is one of Cosmic's most requested topics for workshops as organisations increasingly realise that they need to invest time wisely in getting their messages across, in an increasingly competitive arena.
We have the solution for you. In return for 12 hours of your time (over 2 days a week apart) Cosmic’s digital trainers will help you:
- Understand the need for a Digital Marketing Strategy and how to put one together (with templates to take away);
- Learn more about your customers, how to reach them, what they want and what makes them tick;
- Understand different social media channels and which are right for your customers, and you;
- Review your website and understand the essentials of how to draw people to your site (SEO);
- Have fun with practical hands-on sessions, exploring facebook, Instagram and twitter, and
- Produce simple videos for your website/social media using just your phone.
And it’s all free if you are a social enterprise or charity that generates some of its income.
Don’t delay though – these workshops are starting soon and have limited spaces.
This is the first Digital Marketing Bootcamp Cosmic are running for Social Enterprises and trading charities in Exeter, and are inviting busy people in existing social enterprises/charities/community halls and shops/cics and coops to join us and invest 2 days of their time in getting up to speed with drafting a Digital Marketing Strategy, and honing their practical skills to get the best out of social media using their tablets and phones.
Learners will also benefit from networking with fellow attendees and learning from other great social enterprises.
DAY 1: Weds 4th December: (9.15am-4.15pm).
On this day we will explore the following topics, which are the foundation for any successful marketing efforts.
* Digital Marketing Strategy - why having one is essential and how to put one together (with templates), including clarifying your marketing objectives; knowing your customers, what they want and where to find them; how to get your messages across; what channels to focus on.
* Website and SEO - tips on good web design, content and how to make your website more visible, and draw more people in.
DAY 2 Weds 11th December.
* Facebook and Instagram - a fun, practical session and top tips on using these platforms.
* Creating great marketing video from your phone - a creative, practical session on creating great videos for marketing, with just your phone. Bring along a phone or tablet to this day, along with any passwords!
NB. Your organisation must be able to commit to attend BOTH full days - different staff members can attend the two days. Venue: Devon Disability Collective, Marsh Barton, Devon. The venue is easily accessible from the M5 and A30, and has onsite free parking. Refreshments through the day are provided, lunch is not included.
This valued programme is offered FREE of charge to eligible participants through the #EnhanceSE ERDF programme. Bootcamp places are limited. Priority will be given to eligible established social enterprises, cics, co-ops and trading charities who have not yet received support through the #EnhanceSE programme. If you are not sure if you are eligible, or if your organisation has already been through the programme, please contact Helen Vines.
For further info and to talk through any queries, contact:
Helen Vines, Social Enterprise Advisor, Cosmic: e: Helenv@cosmic.org.uk t: 03300883005.
Any persons booking must also register for the #EnhanceSE programme. You will be directed to the appropriate pages when you register for this course.
* The Enhance Social Enterprise Network is a new initiative across Devon and Somerset and will help social enterprises to access support, peer learning, events, and enhance their own promotion. Devon Communities Together is the lead partner in the development of the Network and a member of staff from DCT will be available at the training to tell you about the network and answer any questions you may have.