Please note, this is an online course which will be held using Zoom software.
- £38.32*: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £49.10*: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £70.66*: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*Please note, there is a 10% early bird discount available if you book at least 4 weeks before the course date. The discount will be shown automatically at the Eventbrite checkout. The cost indicated includes the Eventbrite booking fee.
This course provides an overview of benefits for older people and will help participants to identify potential entitlement. It will demonstrate how benefits like Attendance Allowance can enhance entitlement to means-tested benefits.
The course will enable participants to:
- Use a process to identify potential entitlement to benefits
- Understand how disability-related benefits can enhance entitlement to means-tested benefits
- make appropriate referrals
YOUR TUTOR: VINCENT WILLSON
Vincent has worked for the Citizens Advice service in Devon since 1985. As an experienced trainer, he has provided benefits training for many years to voluntary and statutory sector staff, covering all aspects of the benefits system from introductory courses to Tribunal Representation. He has been a benefits caseworker for most of his working life, having taken cases to the Upper Tribunal level. He has been providing benefits training for Citizens Advice Devon since 2017. He is the Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Teignbridge.