Devon Community Learning Academy is pleased to share details of this excellent online course from Action for Children
This is an online course, on the following dates:
- Tuesday 8th June– Virtual face to face - 1.15pm – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 15th June– Virtual face to face- 1.15pm – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 22nd June- Self learn session
- Tuesday 29th June– Virtual face to face- 1.15pm – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 6th July– self learn session
- Tuesday 13th July– Virtual face to face - 1.15pm – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 24th August – Catch up session – 1.15 – 2.15pm
Who is the course for?
Our fully funded Building Babies Brain course aims to support those who come into contact with 0-2 year olds increase their knowledge of baby brain development, bonding and resilience and to be confident in ‘passing’ this information on to parents/ carers and communities.
The training is for volunteers, toddler group volunteers, early years practitioners (pre-schools, nurseries, childminders, foster carers) whose role brings them into contact with children aged 0-2 years and their carers and community members/ volunteers who link in with families with children aged 0-2.
What will the training cover?
- Understanding the importance of baby brain development, especially during the vital 0-2 years. We share the most up to date, evidence-based information in an accessible way. This course is about sharing and learning together.
- Building confidence in passing this information on widely. Did you know that only a third of parents know this information? We want it to be ‘all our business’.
- Supporting resilience. How you can help parents by looking after yourself, encouraging parents to look after themselves, so that they can look after their children.
- Tools for being in relationships with others, including Dan Hughes PACE.
- Signposting you to evidence-based resources that you can easily pass onto parents
- Risk and trauma in the early years, and how to build resilience for lifelong skills
- Self-care for wellbeing – recognising if you are not alright then you are not as available for the child / carer
HOw will the course be delivered?
- A blended learning approach consisting of: digital, face to face interactive workshops; video learning and podcasts; and self-led learning fully supported by digital training notes, and trainer availability.
- 6 sessions in total, lasting 13 hours plus a 1 hour introductory information podcast to be viewed before session 1
- Your trainers have worked in children’s centres for the past ten years. Anna is a Thrive Train the Trainer, and delivers Solihull ‘Understanding Your Child’ programmes to parents. Georgie is a Thrive practitioner, who has also undertaken Transactional Analysis training.
- Podcasts and videos from specialist speakers, including a Video Interactive guidance practitioner and clinical psychologists.
How to book
To book please fill out the application form below and send it to email@example.com