pLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
This is a free course, which will take place online using Zoom software.
This training will familiarise delegates with how the choice based lettings system works, with particular reference to affordable homes in rural areas. It will give delegates the knowledge required to explain how Devon Home Choice works to people looking for affordable housing in their area.
This course is intended for District Councillors or for Parish Councils and Community Land Trust members who are interested in providing affordable housing in their communities or who already have affordable homes in their village or developments on site.
Your tutor will talk through the application form, local connection, eligibility, bandings and under-occupancy.
The course will enable you to:
- Understand how to register on Devon Home Choice.
- Understand how to apply for a home on Devon Home Choice.
- Explain local connection rules in rural villages.
- Give advice and support to parishioners who need affordable housing.
- Explain the allocations system, bandings, under-occupancy and how homes are allocated depending on the size of the family.
YOUR TUTOR: GARY PITMAN
As Devon Home Choice Project Co-ordinator, Gary is employed by Exeter City Council and is the lead for Devon Home Choice across Devon. He has worked in 2 roles within Devon Home Choice for several years and became the Project Co-ordinator a year ago.