Devon Communities Together is running the Covid-19 Community Local Outbreak & Recovery helpline - 0808 1963390. We are here to help communities come together to respond to the pandemic with the most effective, safe, and co-ordinated responses.
Our helpline staff have access to emerging information, extensive expertise in community resilience, and hold an oversight of community responses across Devon. We are experienced in setting up and supporting networking and resilience, especially within rural areas, and as a rural community council and member of Action with Communities in Rural England, we can access a wealth of knowledge sharing and best practice from across the country. We can help with a range of issues including but not limited to:
- Maintaining community support networks as we move into recovery
- Understanding the Devon Local Outbreak Management Plan and how to be prepared for the possibility of local lockdown in your community.
- Supporting parish councils and community groups through the pandemic, recovery, and local outbreak management planning.
- Looking after your community building and public spaces throughout coronavirus restrictions and recovery.
- Providing best practice and resources for Devon's businesses through recovery and the potential of local lockdowns.
- Best practice guidance in handling a wide range of covid-19 related issues at a community level
- Continued support for vulnerable members of your community
- GDPR and safeguarding
The helpline will be staffed 9am to 5pm on weekdays for the foreseeable future. Please telephone 0808 1963390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.
Pages Updated: 13th August 2020: Guidance for Village Halls have now been updated. Find out more, here.
You can now access covid-19 enterprise support! Find resources, advice and events here!
This page will be updated as regularly as possible. For the most up to date advice, always check these five key sites:
Through this page you can access information on general guidance, stay at home guidance, advice for village halls, advice for community groups, protecting the isolated & vulnerable and advice for community transport. Please use the links below to access the information that you need!
We are in this together, and by standing shoulder to shoulder, we will get through this together.