Big Energy Saving Network
Big Energy Saving Network is back for autumn/winter 2021-22!
Domestic energy efficiency workshops for your community!
LET US HELP YOUR COMMUNITY SAVE MONEY AND STAY WARM THIS WINTER ...
This autumn and winter, Devon Communities Together is offering domestic energy efficiency workshops to our member organisations, their associated users and any community organisation that might benefit from a presentation. We are trying to reach those for whom energy affordability is a major consideration and staying warm is difficult.
We hope to be able to hold in-person meetings, but if you prefer to use Zoom, or similar, or want to email or ‘phone for advice, then that’s okay.
the following communities have already booked a workshop
- 8th Coldridge Village Hall 2pm
- 9th Stokeinteignhead Village Hall 6:30pm
- 11th Coldridge Village Hall 7pm
- 13th Woodbury Village Hall 2pm
- 20th Sampford Courtenay 10.30am
- 22nd Swimmbridge 4pm & 6pm
- 24th Dittisham Village Hall 6.30pm
- 25th Dunsford Village Hall 7.30pm
- 29th Lynton Town Hall 3pm & 6.30pm
- 7th December Blackawton Village Hall 7pm
If you would like to attend any of these, please contact the village hall directly or email email@example.com or call 07984 001542.
Who should book a workshop?
Are you on a village hall committee or involved in a similar organisation? You may wish to arrange a presentation as a service to your community. It’s another way of bringing people together as we emerge from Covid, as well as a useful activity to undertake that could make a difference to people's wellbeing this winter.
Alternatively you could encourage some of your users/contacts to invite us along to one of their events. We can attend coffee mornings, lunch clubs, village markets, as well as bespoke events. We are happy to undertake repeat visits to locations and organisations we have helped in the past.
The basic workshop takes about thirty minutes and will cover:
- Warm Homes Discount eligibility
- Home energy saving
- Switching energy suppliers
- Priority Services Register
You may also request that any of the following be included:
- Investment in home energy saving
- The pros and cons of Smart Meters
- Devon Oil Collective
- Carbon Zero – new energy sources
- Obtaining further help with energy affordability
To arrange a presentation or to find out more contact:
Martin Rich firstname.lastname@example.org 07984 001542