COVID Management Large Grant Fund
The Covid 19 Outbreak Management Fund is now closed to applications. We look forward to sharing examples of how it has helped people in Devon here soon!
WHAT waS THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK MANAGEMENT GRANT Fund
Devon Communities Together ran a grant award process to fund voluntary, community sector and social enterprises (VCSEs) to increase the SUPPORT for people over the winter months in response to the Covid pandemic.
WE SUPPORTed PROJECTS THAT:
- Enhanced communication and marketing e.g. towards hard-to-reach groups and other localised messaging.
- Targeted interventions for specific sections of the local community and workplaces.
- Harnessing capacity within local sectors (voluntary, academic, commercial).
- Extension/introduction of specialist support (behavioural science, bespoke comms).
- Community-based support for those disproportionately impacted such as the BAME population.
- Support for engagement and analysis of regional areas to assess and learn from local initiatives.
- Providing support, as needed, to vulnerable people classed as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
- Support for rough sleepers
examples of grants that have been awarded
1. The first Covid Management Large Grant has recently been agreed. It will be helping with emergency winter accommodation in the Torridge and North Devon region. With Christmas approaching this application was approved to help rough sleepers and families at risk of homelessness avoid having nowhere to stay and additionally will provide clothing, food and medical help.