- £37.90: Members of Devon Communities Together
- £48.56: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £91.20: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
The course content will aid the work of owners, managers and assistant managers of local businesses and other workplaces. HR staff would also find this course valuable.
This course is designed to support you to think about the importance of inclusive practices in the workplace and understand the Social Model of Disability. The course will also provide an opportunity for you to begin reflecting on your own unique workplace environment, human resources strategies and recruitment approaches.
Together, we will undertake learning and exercises that will equip you to ensure that you have employment approaches that you can be proud of, and that will enable you to get the very best out of your existing staff and future candidates and employees.
Aims and objectives
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the importance of inclusive workplace practices.
- Appreciate the value of physical disability, neurodiversity, and EAL in the workplace.
- Understand the basic principles of the Social Model of Disability and how this model can transform the way that we live and work for the better.
- Reflect on your own workplace and human resources strategy, and begin to develop an action plan to increase inclusivity and add value to your organisation.
- Be directed to a wide range of excellent resources that will provide continued support in your inclusive employment journey, including guides, info packs, advice on financial support, and even free training opportunities.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Anna is the Empowering Enterprise Project Manager at Devon Communities Together.
She works with local employers and community organisations to facilitate a wide range of activities for young people who are NEET (Not in Education Employment and Training) across Devon.
Within her current work and throughout her background working on youth, accessibility and outreach projects, Anna has a range of experience in supporting both employers and potential employees to overcome ‘barriers’ to workplace inclusion.
She is passionate about examining and dismantling unhelpful social constructs that exclude many from the workplace, and equipping and empowering employers to commit to inclusive workplace approaches and practices.
Anna also works on evaluation and impact measurement.
Anna is a firm believer in the idea that there is a treasure trove of untapped potential in people who are often considered ‘unfit for effective work.’
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email email@example.com