An Early Bird 10% discount is available for this course if you book more than 4 weeks prior to the course start date! Early Bird discounts are an exclusive offer for selected courses only.
- £53.89*: Members of Devon Communities Together and Citizens Advice staff/volunteers
- £75.21: Charities, Community Groups or Parish and Town Councils that are not members of Devon Community Together
- £101.86: Private Sector organisations and Statutory Local Authorities
*The heavily discounted membership price on many of our training courses is one of a number of benefits provided to members of Devon Communities Together and is available to new and existing members. With annual membership starting from just £24 for individuals and small organisations, up to £50 for larger organisations, taking out a membership can be a great way to save money on your training needs. To find out more and join DCT today, call 01392 248919 or visit our membership page.
With the media coverage of the benefits system focusing on Universal Credit for jobseekers, it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that many people with disabilities struggle to establish entitlement to benefit without support. Come and find out how to provide that support.
This course is for people who provide advice and support to people with disabilities. It provides an overview of the benefits available to people with disabilities as well as information about the rules for individual benefits and the impact of benefits like Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance on means-tested benefits, including Universal Credit. It will give participants an understanding of:
- the financial help that is currently available to people with disabilities in a wide range of circumstances;
- the impact of recent and future changes to the benefits system which will have a significant impact on people with disabilities
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMISSION THIS AS AN IN-HOUSE COURSE TAILORED TO YOUR ORGANISATIONAL NEEDS PLEASE CONTACT INFO@DEVONCOMMUNITIES.ORG.UK
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The course will enable participants to:
- identify key conditions of entitlement to all disability-related benefits;
- understand the basics of ‘means-testing’ and how disability- related benefits may increase entitlement;
- identify options to support claimants who wish to challenge decisions.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Vincent has worked for the Citizens Advice service in Devon since 1985. As an experienced trainer, he has provided benefits training for many years to voluntary and statutory sector staff, covering all aspects of the benefits system from introductory courses to Tribunal Representation. He has been a benefits caseworker throughout his working life, having taken cases up to the Upper Tribunal level. He continues to work as a benefits caseworker, providing advice and assistance to families with children with disabilities and to young people with disabilities. He also provides benefits advice as part of the Devon Advice Service for Working Age Carers and is the Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Teignbridge.
Please let Support Services know if there is anything that would affect your learning and if there is anything we can do to enable you to fully participate in our courses and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Call Support Services on 01392 248919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to pay for your course via an invoice instead of booking online, please contact email@example.com or call 01392 248919. If you wish to receive a receipt of payment, please let us know.