Devon Communities Together is running the Towns, Parishes, and Community Buildings Covid-19 helpline - 0808 1963390. We are here to help communities come together to respond to the pandemic with the most effective, safe, and co-ordinated responses.
Our helpline staff have access to emerging information, extensive expertise in community resilience, and hold an oversight of community responses across Devon. We are experienced in setting up and supporting networking and resilience, especially within rural areas, and as a rural community council and member of Action with Communities in Rural England, we can access a wealth of knowledge sharing and best practice from across the country. We can help with a range of issues including but not limited to:
- Organising volunteers and setting up community support groups
- Supporting parish councils and community groups through the pandemic
- Looking after your community building and public spaces throughout coronavirus restrictions
- Linking individuals to their local covid-19 response group
- Best practice in handling a wide range of covid-19 related issues at a community level
- Supporting vulnerable members of your community
- GDPR and safeguarding
The helpline will be staffed 9am to 5pm on weekdays for the foreseeable future. Please telephone 0808 1963390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.
Pages Updated: 6th April 2020
This page will be updated as regularly as possible. For the most up to date advice, always check these five key sites:
Through this page you can access information on general guidance, stay at home guidance, advice for village halls, advice for community groups, protecting the isolated & vulnerable and advice for community transport. Please use the links below to access the information that you need!
We are in this together, and by standing shoulder to shoulder, we will get through this together.