The Village Hall was given to the people of Milton Abbot in 1926 by the Duke of Bedford. It consisted of the Old School and a Hall built on the School Playground.
A Management Committee was formed to care for the building and provide a venue for Education, Recreation and Leisure.
Many improvements have been mae over the years and we can now offer a warm and welcoming venue at a reasonable cost.
The Hall is licensed for 120 seated people and has licenses for Theatre, Music and Dancing. All lighting is free of charge. For electrical power there are £1 coin meters.
Rooms, Parking, Access
The Village Hall is at the centre of the village, convenient for all. Although we have no public car park, vehicles can be parked along the lower side of the main road and behind the Church.
The Hall consists of two meeting rooms. The Main Hall has a stage and wooden floor and can seat 120. The smaller Reading Room is carpeted and is suitable for committee and more intimate meetings.
Wheelchair access is provided and there are excellent toilets including disabled and baby changing facilities. There is a fitted kitchen with oven, electric urn, kettles and teapots. Quality china is available for hire.
Available at all times are
6' x 9' Long wooden tables.
8' x 6' Formica topped tables.
12 Card tables and 130 chairs.
|Room name||Seating (at tables)|